New York, NY, September 13, 2013—The Estée Lauder Companies’ Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) Campaign is proud to announce its 2013 global Campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and beyond. The 2013 theme, “Let’s Defeat Breast Cancer. We’re Stronger Together.”, is a call-to-action that will serve to shift public focus from awareness to increased action, advancing us further towards eradicating breast cancer from our lives. To date, The BCA Campaign has raised more than $48 million to support global research, education and medical services. This year’s BCA Campaign is committed to raising $5 million to support breast cancer research, education and medical services worldwide. Action doesn’t happen alone. When we join together…We’re Stronger Together.
Over the past two decades, The Estée Lauder Companies’ BCA Campaign, launched by the late Evelyn H. Lauder, co-creator of the Pink Ribbon and founder of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF), has been a leading voice for breast cancer awareness around the world, sparking a global movement that has helped save millions of lives. In the spirit of Mrs. Lauder’s forward- thinking vision, this year’s BCA Campaign will expand focus from breast cancer awareness by encouraging people to reach even further, taking specific actions aimed at preventing and eradicating the disease. The Campaign and its supporting initiatives will galvanize the global masses to defeat breast cancer by lessening the stigma and deepening awareness across the globe, while raising significant funds for critical medical research.
William P. Lauder, Executive Chairman of The Estée Lauder Companies stated, “Over the past twenty years, The BCA Campaign has made significant progress in bringing awareness to breast cancer and the fear that once surrounded the disease is being replaced by hope and inspiration. This year, we feel it is vitally important that we encourage people to move beyond awareness by taking actions that we know can help save lives. My mother, Evelyn H. Lauder, believed that no one can defeat breast cancer alone – this spirit of unity is at the heart of our Campaign as we bring people together across the globe to defeat this disease.”
Fabrizio Freda, President and CEO of The Estée Lauder Companies said, “Every year around the world, our employees, consumers and retail partners come together with great enthusiasm and passion to participate in The BCA Campaign. Our vision for this year’s Campaign was inspired by that same passion and its potential to affect real change in the lives of real people and families who are touched by this disease. To date, The BCA Campaign has raised $48 million to support research, education and medical services worldwide. Our goal is to have this year’s Campaign resonate in every corner of the world, raise significant funds, empower people to share their strength and bring us closer than ever before to a world without breast cancer.”
- Pink Ribbon Products – Estee Lauder Companies Breast Cancer Awareness (beautyandfashiondubai.wordpress.com)
- Do you love your breasts? The BCRF does, too. (thefantasticmrsfig.wordpress.com)
- Shoot Pink ~ Helping to Raise Breast Cancer Awareness ~ (thelovelyphotog.wordpress.com)
- The Scar Project -Breast Cancer is Not a Pink Ribbon (amandabondmakeup.wordpress.com)
- Flaxseed Can Prevent And Kill Breast Cancer, Meta-Analysis Reveals (thesleuthjournal.com)
- Report: John Cena to Return to WWE Television Next Month? (bleacherreport.com)
- FDA panel backs drug for early-stage breast cancer (arkansasonline.com)
- Share your breast-cancer survival stories (knoxnews.com)
- A Simple Way to Risk Cover of Breast Cancer… (recoveryhealth.me)
- Fashion Week Breast Cancer Campaign – Paint your pinkie pink! (thestyleandi.wordpress.com)