Miami International Art Fair – MIA – Brings Art for the New Year and the Next Generation
Miami, FL – 5 January 2013 –The Cuban Art Project- The Miami International Art Fair – MIA – returns to Downtown Miami at Bayfront Park, for its 4th edition on January 17th – 21st. Gathering an international collection of galleries from as far as Beijing, Buenos Aires, Moscow, Paris, London to New York, the fair will present a dynamic display of some of the 21st century’s most promising established and emerging artists.
Cutting edge artwork in a broad scope of focuses will be available to collectors to peruse, including painting, mixed media, photography, sculpture, digital, electronic, performance art, works on paper, functional design and studio jewelry design.
Special exhibitions and “project rooms” will be highlighted, including:
- An interactive installation from French “light painter,” photographer Jadikan LP, presented by
Art Vitam (Paris + Miami).
- A special exhibition of light works from Stephen Knapp, presented by Setford & Bridges
(Paris + New York); Knapp has an exhibition opening at the LOWE Museum on January 25th.
- Fernando Luis Alvarez Gallery (Stamford) will introduce the internationally renowned and award-winning furniture designer and artist Paco Camus of Madrid, Spain.
- Cuban born, Miami based artist Carlos Estevez will present a special exhibition of his works and a coinciding lecture, “Across the Universe” sharing his artistic practices and discussing the future of emerging 21st century art.
- A special exhibition of Miami’s most promising young artists, curated by the University of Miami Art Department.
FULL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Collectors will have more than 3 decks of artwork to enjoy, fair programming includes informative lectures by leading museum experts, designers and artists. “Living with Art” will be presented by Monica Suleski, Designer and Principal of Eclectic Elements, Art & Design Gallery, Coral Gables. Artist Stephen Knapp, who for over thirty years has developed innovative new light paintings transformed by the use of light prisms, will present “New Light”. David Setford, curator, museum director, writer, and art advisor will present “On Collecting: 21st Century New Art” discussing collecting new art of the 21st century.
In addition to a series of daily “Meet the Artist” receptions and presentations, collectors can look forward to fine wine and gourmet food to pair with fine art. In the VIP Lounge connoisseur wine tastings will be featured Friday – Sunday. Regional wine tastings – showcasing fine rare wines from California, Tuscany and France will be presented by Stefano Campanini, Owner of Wine by the Bay. All tastings are by separate ticket. Tickets can be purchased on the fair website.
PREVIEW EVENING HONORING THE MOCA SHAKERS:
The Preview evening on January 17th will begin with a First View from 6 – 8 PM, exclusively for MOCA Shaker’s members followed by a Collectors’ Invitational from 8-10 PM for VIP collectors and dealers’ guests. For more information on becoming a MOCA Shaker, visit the museum website atwww.mocanomi.org.
FAIR HOURS AND LOCATION:
MIA will be located aboard SeaFair, docked at the InterContinental Hotel Dock at Bayfront Park, 100 Chopin Plaza, Miami, FL. Fair hours are Friday and Saturday, January 18th and 19th, 12 – 10PM, and Sunday and Monday, January 20th and 21st, 12 – 7PM. MIA offers convenient valet parking and optional priority boarding. Tickets can be purchased at the door, $15 for a one-day ticket, $20 for a multi-day ticket and $30 for a Priority Boarding ticket. Advance ticketing is available on the fair website. As per United States Coast Guard regulations, all attendees are required to show a photo ID upon entry.
For more information on exhibitors and a full schedule of events please visit www.mia-artfair.com.
- In Miami’s Wynwood district, the party has overtaken the art (miamiherald.com)
- Painting Sales Luxury Christmas List: Antonio Guerrero up to 30% Off (thecubanartproject.com)
- Latest News Art Basel Miami Beach 2012 and Art Week Miami (thecubanartproject.com)
- ART BASEL 2012: An Inside Look at the Best Exhibits From the Miami Art Fest (on.aol.com)
- Artist Spotlight: Anthony Spinello (oceandrive.com)
- 3rd NYC Parallax Art Fair for Artists Accepting Applications (artistmarketingresources.com)
- Miami Art Museum needs local collectors’ generosity (miamiherald.com)
- The Art World Game Changers of 2012 (galleristny.com)
- Haring miamititlesponsor (slideshare.net)
- Artist Admitted to Workhouse Arts Center (prweb.com)